Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Voice, my girls!

THE VOICE



Some people have it, some don't. I will tell you one thing the judges on this season were picky and it came to bite them in their nether regions later on. I was shocked at most of the battle rounds and who ended up winning them but in the end I have fallen for almost everyone in the semi - final rounds. 


Here has been my top 3 this season in no particular order.

Lindsey Pavao

Holy crap man! She is such a mixture of sweet and dark it's like u can't help but hold your breathe when she starts singing. She has a smooth voice that is capable of dark and sultry runs. She has a style that is all her own I was totally shocked when america didn't get her votes high enough to beat out Chris Mann, he's good don't get me wrong but who was on top of itunes charts with "Somebody I used to know" ? The totally cool Lindsey! And Lindsey that hair just kicks butt, I wish I could pull it off! She's buy worthy and I can't wait to see what she does in the future!
Click here to see the song that made her stand out like a diamond in the rough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCkNfSDzgVo

Juliet Simms

Talk about a blast from the past! This girls voice takes me back to my mom and dads attic listening to old records! Her voice has this awesome raspy-ness to it that makes to think back to the classics that lead you through life's hardest times but it has an updated kick to it too! This girl sings and your stunned that her voice is even coming out of that little body of hers! This girl gives everything she has during a performance and leaves it on the stage! Since she is one of the final four, I have decided that I will be calling her number tomorrow night to help her win. Call, repeat 9 x. You go Juliet! Good Luck!!!
Here's a clip from one of my favorite performances by her. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT8QpLBjJt4

Charlotte Sometimes
Image Detail

When watching the blind auditions I often close my eyes to get a feel for the voice and not the production that the person is giving. As soon as she started to sing Apologize by One Republic and I heard her twist on it my eyes popped open quicker than a kid at Christmas! I had to see what she was like while she was singing! Obviously she's logged some stage time in her past cause she was quite comfortable up there. Her very outgoing attitude was contagious and it got me to researching her music on the internet! Totally buy worthy, my favorite song (Not on the voice) is Losing Sleep, or maybe Pilot..... can't choose! I have a Charlotte Sometimes station on my Pandora. Rock on Charlotte!
Here's that blind audition that's made me a follower!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcTHmzV7CRY&feature=endscreen

I love this show, watching these girls have given me an extra boost of confidence and I'm so proud of all three of them. No matter what, the show has given them a captivated audience and I've learned through just watching them each week. We are listening so keep singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment